Tata Group Introduction
Admired Company in the World
Tata Group believes
that its profits earned
activities should be given
back to society which
the Group serves.
In compliance with corporate values and ethics for 150 years, Tata Group is India’s most admired company. Tata Group hires approximately 750,000 employees in the world, comprising over 100 affiliates across ten verticals such as IT, steel, automotive, consumer and retail, infrastructure, financial services, aerospace and defense, tourism and travel, media, and trading and investment.
Operating in more than 100 countries, Tata Group recorded a revenue of USD 106 billion in FY 2019-20. Founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, Tata Group started his first trading firm and evolved into the first enterprise that pioneered India’s infrastructure industries like steel, power, services and aerospace.
Its pioneering spirit has been showcased by global companies such as Tata Motors, which made India’s first indigenously developed car, INDICA; Tata Steel, Asia’s first private steel maker; and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India’s first software company.
Tata Group believes that its profits earned from corporate activities should be given back to society which it serves. Tata Sons, the principal investment holding company of Tata Group, set up philanthropic institutions Tata Trusts, which have been engaged in charitable activities in the fields of education, healthcare, livelihood support for vulnerable households, and arts and culture.
Every year, Tata Group provides support for social development. It has laid a firm foundation for the backbone industries in India and has played a leading role in modernizing industries of India. Tata Group continues to grow as India’s most admired company as well as globally recognized company.
Tata Group’s Headquarters Bombay House (Mumbai, India)
Taj Palaces (India’s largest hotel chain)
Tata Group’s main business
- Tata Motors was established in 1945
- India’s largest automobile company
- Key subsidiaries are Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle (South Korea), Jaguar-Land Rover Automotive (UK),
- Tata Marcopolo Motors (Brazil), and Tata Technologies
- Tata Steel was established in 1907
- Asia’s first integrated private steel company and a Fortune 500 company
- As a leading global steel maker, Tata Steel acquired UK’s largest steel maker Corus Group in 2007
- Tata Consultancy Services was established in 1968
- A global leader in IT services, consulting and business solutions
- Tata Power was established in 1911
- First private power company that first supplied power across India
- Tata Chemicals was established in 1939
- A global leading producer of high-quality soda ash
- Tata Consumer Products (formerly known as Tata Global Beverages) was established in 1964
- A global manufacturer and distributor of tea with brands like Tata Tea and Tetley
- The Indian Hotels Company was established in 1903
- South Asia’s largest hospitality company that owns approximately 200 hotels, resorts and palaces in 12 countries including the architectural landmark Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Tata Communications was established in 1996
- World’s largest wholesale voice carrier
Tata Power (First power company that supplied power across India)